Friday, June 4, 2021

Real Tigers by Mick Herron

 


How could you not love Jackson Lamb? He’s rude, crude, disgusting, boorish, couldn’t give a stuff what anyone thinks and has a mind like a steel trap, and he’s back!

Real tigers is another superb spy novel written by Mick Herron. Jackson Lamb is still reigning supreme over his band of losers who will never make it back to The Park, yet together they once again show they are capable of dealing with whatever is thrown at them. In Diana Taverner’s rush to de-throne Ingrid Tearney and take the First Desk for herself she cooks up a plot which eventuates in the slow horses putting to use their collective skills and makes for a brilliant story with a fast paced, action filled nail biter of a conclusion.

This is the third book in the Jackson Lamb series and I am trying to pace myself as I read through them. I think I appreciate them more when I alternate them with other books, although I did buy them all in one big bundle from the bookshop.

If you like spy novels and clever English wit you will love Mick Herron! He is a master story teller and great entertainer and I am very happy that I found him. I will be back with book number four after a short interval of R and R from the gritty corridors of Slough House.

5 out of 5 with a bullet (from a Service revolver, of course).

John Murray (Publishers), an Hachette UK company.

No comments:

Post a Comment